About Me

My photo
I'm just another guy who loves to travel, and this is where I'll write about the the sights, sounds, tastes, and people i come across in this big, bad, beautiful world. Stay tuned, if you so choose!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Holiday Greeting


Just thought I’d take this opportunity to wish everyone, especially Cindy Dolinger, a happy mother’s day. It’s not the first mother’s day I’ve spend away from my mother, and probably not the last, but it’s certainly the first one I’ve spent on a different continent. As I have no bank account and therefore no way to buy and send flowers via the internet, and no idea yet how to mail a card or gift home, I figured this post could serve as my mother’s day effort (if you’re not my mother, you’re not required to read this):

Dearest mom,
You are the most fabulous person I’ve ever had the opportunity to be given birth to by (syntax?), and I would be nothing without your constant love and support. You’ve taught and given me more than anybody could ever know, and I am grateful beyond words for your massive influence on me and what I’ve been able to accomplish in my life. I am convinced that I am one of the luckiest people in the world, and being given the gift of having you as my mother is a huge part of why I believe that. I miss you very much, and am sending every bit of love I have to give from my side of the world to yours.



Here’s hoping that everyone else has as much to be grateful for as I do. If you get the chance to hug your mom today, do your best not to take it for granted. If you don’t get the chance, remember not to take it for granted the next time you DO get the chance.

Enjoy the day everyone, more to come from me soon, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment