About Me

My photo
I'm just another guy who loves to travel, and this is where I'll write about the the sights, sounds, tastes, and people i come across in this big, bad, beautiful world. Stay tuned, if you so choose!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

airports: a necessary evil

so i finally have physical proof that i am going to Thailand:



Its a great feeling. the best part is, i now have another 3 small pieces of paper that are very important and i really shouldn't lose! good! im a pro at not misplacing things.
I part with my parents, getting through security is a breeze and, and i'm on my way. You may be familiar with the feeling you get once you pass through security where you think "man, i really hope my gate isnt all the way at the end of this really long terminal." D13. Sounds promising right? nope. somehow 13 is a good 10 minute walk down an endless halogen lit grey carpeted terminal. 
So naturally i stop at the bathroom halfway through to kind of break up the trip a little bit (since there is no news stand in the terminal where i can stand and read sports illustrated or some other magazine that dudes can read in public and feel good about it). Everything went well, and i confidently embarked on the second half of my terminal journey. Seconds later, i hear from behind me "hey, dude..." and a guy, previously in the bathroom as well, was walking toward me holding out my passport and my boarding passes....  


Good start

 on to chicago, the land of a thousand lakes. or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment