About Me

My photo
I'm just another guy who loves to travel, and this is where I'll write about the the sights, sounds, tastes, and people i come across in this big, bad, beautiful world. Stay tuned, if you so choose!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

strike 1 chicago...

So I fall asleep before the plane takes off, and didnt wake up for good until the stewardess said "Thank you for flying United, and enjoy your stay in Cold, Snowy, Windy Chicago." Clearly she has a way with words, and should consider a job in whatever job requires you to make things sound as unappealing as possible. Or maybe she was just being as accurate as possible:


















Glad Chicago is not my destination, but less glad about the length of my layover here. The worst part of it is that there are no outlets. anywhere. my only option for using and charging my computer is a strange "charging desk", where im sitting next to a man who is talking on the phone, turned toward me, and truly doesn't seem to care at all that he is so thoroughly in my personal space. He can probably read this as i type it, which is good, maybe he'll turn the other way and stop occasionally bumping my leg with his foot..
















mission accomplished.

This blog is about to officially become the "Ian and Liebler in Thailand" blog for the next 12 days or so, as his plane is arriving right now. I'm off to try to track him down. Thanks Chicago, your many lakes were both beautiful and distinguished, and ill come back again and again.

And thanks creepy guy at the charger desk, for your thoughtful - albeit slightly delayed - consideration of my personal comfort. I hope your travels are fruitful and safe.

until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment